- The WBA Industry Awards 2016 are open to public, including WBA members and non-members, except Category 8 and 9, the Distinguished Member Award have been created to recognize the contribution of WBA members to WBA work and work-areas.
- All entries should relate to the commercial use of communications. Military use excluded.
Submission of entries
- Entries must be submitted via the online application form.
- Each entry must include payment of $250 USD where applicable via PayPal.
- Entries must follow the word count guidance of 1000 words. Over-long entries will be disqualified.
- You may submit nominations on behalf of other organizations (vendors or operators) in the same way.
Closing date for entries
The deadline is set at 23.59PST, 26 September 2016. Please ensure that completed entries and full payment are received by this time.
There is no limit to the number of entries permitted from a single organization. You can submit multiple entries to multiple categories. Each entry submitted is liable to a separate entry fee.
All categories, per entry: 250 USD where applicable via PayPal. The entry fee contributes to the cost of administering the Awards and staging the Awards Ceremony.
- Via Paypal with your own account or with a credit card if you do not have an account. Most major cards are accepted. Multiple entries from a single organization can be paid for in one transaction.
- For queries regarding payment, please contact Alice Lai
- Entries will not be processed until full payment has been received.
Supporting Materials for entry:
NOTE: We aim to gather written supporting material on the entry form, a short (maximum 2 minutes) video linked to the submission will help our judges significantly in terms of visualising the use case and understanding the innovation and user benefits
ALL supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- 2 x 1 page A4 documents with further information, images, graphics etc.
- 2 x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry) linked by URLs
- 1 x 2 minute (maximum) video: provide URL link
Video: Please provide a URL link to your video (e.g. via YouTube or other public, English language video platforms) on the entry form and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English sub titles.
Other supporting information to a maximum of TWO x 1 page A4 documents, could consist of independent information or data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. to support your entry. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear.
Web pages: If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. Statement of Entry is to outlining the case for consideration of an award. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a minimum of one per document.
Additional supporting materials
Additional materials are very welcome but do not form part of the formal entry. All supporting evidence must be uploaded in a single zip folder of not more than 5Mb, clearly organized and labelled with your company and entry category. Please upload a separate zip file for each category you enter.
Please do not send supporting material via post.
Entries (and any supporting documents) must be submitted in English.
Your entry will be acknowledged via email once payment has cleared. This is in addition to the automated email confirming online application submission. If this does not arrive within three working days, it is your responsibility to contact us to confirm arrival of your entry. Unless you have this confirmation from us, we cannot guarantee the arrival of your entry.
- Entries will be judged by an independent judging panel on the basis of the information provided on the entry forms.
- Details of the judging panel discussions will not be disclosed.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- At the judges’ discretion an entry may be transferred from one category to another if this is deemed more appropriate.
Shortlists and winners
Shortlists will be announced on Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Winners will NOT be notified prior to the presentation ceremony at WBA Wireless Global Congress.
- Presentation of the Awards will take place at the WBA Wireless Global Congress on 16 November 2016, during the Gala Dinner and Industry Awards Ceremony.
By submitting an entry to the WBA Industry Awards 2016, you authorise the WBA to use the text associated with your entry for the purposes of promoting the Awards and in WBA presentations.
By submitting an entry for the WBA Industry Awards 2016 you agree to be bound by the WBA Industry Awards 2016 ‘Rules for entry’ and ‘Terms & Conditions’.
All entries will be treated as strictly confidential. Only details of the Award winners and shortlisted entries will be published.
For general enquiries please contact Alice Lai.
Terms & Conditions
You hereby agree that the WBA shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever for inaccuracy of information provided by you.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ENTRY:
We will notify you by email to confirm receipt of your order once payment has cleared. If you do not receive a notification within three working days, it is your responsibility to contact us to confirm its arrival. Entries will not be processed until full payment has been received. Unless you have confirmation from us, we cannot guarantee the processing of your entry. The WBA cannot be held responsible for any mis-direction of entries.
We do not provide refunds for any cancelled entries.
The discretion of the judges is final in all matters.
We may terminate the Agreement with or without cause at any time and effective immediately.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS:
We reserve the right to change the Terms or policies and to notify you by posting an updated version of the Terms.
The personal information shown, and/or provided by you will be held on a database and used to keep you, or any additional names provided by you, up to date with the Awards administration and promotions. If you do not wish your details to be used for this purpose, please contact Alice Lai. If you wish to be added to our general mailing list for news and updates please contact Alice Lai.
Entry fees must be paid before submissions are processed. Payment must be paid via PayPal. Fees for multiple entries by one organisation may be made in one payment. Please notify Alice Lai if you wish to do this.
Entries must be made online using the official entry form. Entries will not be accepted by any other means.
Entries must follow the supporting materials requirement. Over-long entries will be disqualified.